Saturday, October 06, 2007

Business Travel to Ireland

This past week I had a business trip to Ireland. Much of the time there I spent in long business meetings. However, we had a couple "team building" exercises that allowed me to take out my camera.

I started my trip on the West Coast of Ireland in a city called Galway. While there we took a ferry over to Aran Island.

While there, someone suggested the best way to see the island was to rent a "horse and trap" (horse in carriage). You may notice it the island has very few trees, and an endless supply of rocks.

[Click on most images to enlarge]






Rocks, Rocks, and More Rocks. ↓ Everywhere rocks.


After spending a couple days in Galway, the group headed to Dublin on the east coast. While there we took an afternoon to the Glendalough in Wicklow, Ireland. There we had planned a 10-12km hike up a to a mountain peak called the Spinc.

It is during trip like this that I am reminded of my need to exercise. : )


It is higher than it looks... at least it felt that way hiking up it. : ) ↓


If I don't looked tired and out of breadth your not looking close enough : ) ↓


Once to the top, the views were outstanding. ↓


Finally, and gratefully we headed down the well laid out trail.

Notice how everyone had matching backpacks : ) A should fire way to see this is a "team building exercise" : )

3 comments:

Courageous said...

I can't beleive all the rocks. Glad I don't live there in the wintertime. It has got to be so cold. I love the picture of the coastline. Was your bum killing after a long horse and buggy? Sometimes the quant old things are not too comfortable for our modern day bodies :-)I want to go next time!

Jake and Libby: said...

What an awesome experience! I love the pictures how amazing! Could you imagine the people building those rock walls? That would be poop! Yes! The picture of the cliffs is GORGEOUS!

Debbie said...

you are so lucky, you go on some amazing trips. love the pictures!