Monday, March 29, 2010

Welcome Rebekah Lillian Morey !!!

Bethany and I very happily welcomed our 5th child into the world today!!! Rebekah Lillian Morey was born at 6:58pm pm March 29th, 2010. She weighed 7lb 9oz with a length of 19 inches.

We went to the hospital around 8:00am ready for an induction. Dear friends volunteered to take shifts watching our kids through the day and into the night so we wouldn't have to worry.

Despite the best efforts of her pitocin drip, Bethany had minimally progressed by 6:45pm. The doctor and nurses all agreed we were in for a long night. The cafeteria was closing at 7:00 so I thought I would grab something in preparation for the long night.

While I was away Bethany surprised everyone by rapidly going into hard labor. After a slightly frantic search, I was found and ran back to the room to join in on the delivery. Minutes later Rebekah joined our family.

We are all really excited to have her with us. Everyone is healthy and feeling well (relatively ;).

Her name, Rebekah, is after my older sister who has always been a friend and support to me. Her middle name comes from my Mother's foster mother (Lillian Gilmore) who loved and cared for my mother throughout her young and often challenged upbringing. Foster Mother or not, she was “Grandma” to me.













16 comments:

The Morgan Family said...

yay! so glad she's here! she looks just like her brothers and sisters... adorable.

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

Kari said...

We are so happy for you guys! Love her hair!

Courageous said...

Good job you guys. I'm glad she is here safe and sound. She is a beautiful baby!Take care Beth. May your body bounce back like a 20yr old and may Dave have the strength of a 20 yr old and the wisdom of a 70 yr old as he takes care of everyone.

Debbie said...

congrats, she is beautiful!!!

Gretchen said...

Oh, super cute baby! Love her cheeks! Hope you are recovering well, Beth!

Andrea and Jason said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. I can't wait to see more photos. Keep in touch.

Leslie said...

Congrats to you all! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! She's really lovely :) Thanks for sharing that with us. Love you!
-Libby

Melissa said...

Hooray! Congrats on bringing another beautiful baby into the world! Take care, Bethany, baby and all.

Susan said...

She is soooooo cute. Congrats!

The Chambers said...

What a Beauty, sure must be glad she has arrived. I am waiting out here for our 15th grandchild, but nothing yet, who knows, maybe tonight.

This is by way of my daughters account mine won't open.

MaryAnn Kohl

ganelle said...

Congrats to your family! What a beautiful little girl!

Aaron.Shara.Abby said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

chammy said...

She is beautiful. Way to go, Bate and Dave!

chammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.